The Associate Creative Director is a key project stakeholder with a strong strategic and creative voice. This Creative leader is responsible for conceptual development, client relations and the execution of creative deliverables. Responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, creating and implementing marketing strategies along with development of interactive solutions. The ACD will ensure and rationalize all creative results against user experience management objectives. The ACD will be part of, and lead a collaborative team of Art Directors, Information Architects, Content Analysts, Designers, Copywriters and Production Specialists. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, this person will demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to both the client and the project team. The ACD will engage in long-term client relations with a dedication to, and focus on client vertical market expertise. The successful individual will embody and embrace the Critical Mass vision and core values.
- Communicate and create overall interactive team design vision by defining the direction and goals for the group; be accountable for the design and copy quality of all interactive design projects
- Direct and concept as well as execute creative material when needed.
- Actively participate in client presentations; both in discovery meetings, as well as the presentation of completed creative strategies and executions.
- Manage and mentor the creative team which would include interactive designers, art directors, information architects, copywriters, content analysts and production specialists.
- Lead projects, critique work and approve final design executions.
- Inspire creative team to constantly strive for excellence in the work they produce.
- Set and maintain creative standards for the department and enforce accountability when standards are not met.
- Contribute to account planning with the Business Unit Managing Director.
- Challenge and introduce new and innovative methods of creative execution.
- Ensure deadlines are met; both internally and externally.
- Maintain and encourage a positive creative culture focused on growth.
- Work with leadership team to improve processes and tools to increase product quality & efficiency.
- Be strategic when identifying project deliverables, think before designing, support the project goals, support the business goals and determine overall design strategy.
- Experience directing industry-defining creative solutions for interactive marketing clients.
- Strong presentation skills, writing skills and effective client relations skills.
- Experience leading strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- A strong digital portfolio demonstrating creative experience and capabilities
- Large account experience demonstrating results.
- Attention to detail and ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Dedication and focus on building the client's business through delivery of positive ROI.
- Ability to mentor creative personnel and foster learning and excellence among team members.