As an Environmental Scientist/Technologist, you will have the opportunity to work on site assessment and remediation projects for upstream and downstream producing and abandoned oil and gas facilities as well as various infrastructure sites. This role will provide you with excellent technical challenges and an opportunity to develop your project management skills.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work with Project Managers on various remediation, reclamation and monitoring projects
- Complete fieldwork for on-going environmental monitoring projects which may include soil, groundwater, surface water and /or air sampling and monitoring as well as soil logging
- Engage in coordination and field supervision of subcontractors
- Interact with clients and assist with technical report writing including regular project documentation, data entry and cost tracking
- Travel within Western Canada, primarily Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia
If you are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer, Professional Agrologist, Certified Engineering Technologist or Certified Technician in Canada, have a Bachelor's degree or technical diploma in Soil Science, Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering or Environmental Sciences, and a minimum of 3 years of related experience in Site Assessment, Remediation and Reclamation in the oil and gas industry in Canada, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Previous experience in the Phase I, II, and III site assessment and reclamation process and familiarity with the relevant site assessment regulations and guidelines for Alberta (in particular Tier 1 and 2)
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing technical reports and general project correspondence
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and project teams
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster and Saskatoon, our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Oil and Gas industry, Oil Sands developments, Water, Power and Transportation markets, and Mining. We are a leader in tailings management, dam design, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1146-A14 at www.klohnjobs.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.