We are looking for a creative analyst and experienced developer with a strong record of accomplishment and a drive to exceed expectations. The right person will help to grow the Information Technology group’s systems and development services, responding flexibly and agilely to new opportunities to advance Klohn Crippen Berger’s project and business goals.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- gather business and operational requirements from internal clients, develop process and systems design, translate the design into detailed project plans, and deliver the solution on time and on budget
- assist and lead internal and contract/consultant programmers and other development resources to achieve project goals through exceptional systems and database design, coding, testing, deployment and ongoing maintenance
- create and manage code library, documentation, and other development systems and processes required
- consult and co-ordinate with technical staff within IT and in other groups, including Finance and Engineering
- research, evaluate and recommend applications, systems, hardware and processes that will promote advanced technology solutions, potentially across a spectrum of platforms, to answer project and internal business needs
- develop effective relationships with management, internal user groups and committees
If you have a Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience with increasing scope and responsibility in systems design, development, project management and implementation, we want to hear from you.
We value your
- innovative style, creativity and energy
- ability to seek out opportunities to improve business and project systems and processes
- good knowledge of business issues and processes, preferably with ERP or other business systems experience
- effective leadership and interpersonal skills, an exceptional communicator (written and oral)
- strong analytical skills, deadline oriented manner and your bias for action
- organizational skills and detail orientation
- SQL Server management and tuning experience
- Technical knowledge and experience: .NET 4, C#, SQL, database design, Visual Studio, Visual Basic, RADD framework, web development, UI design. Any of the following is highly desirable: ERP, mobile applications development, PHP, GIS data management and custom applications, SharePoint, Business Intelligence (esp. SQL Server analytics w/Excel front end), Java
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta, Sudbury and Toronto, Ontario, Lima, Peru; Brisbane and Perth, Australia; and London, UK. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well as internationally).
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1098-C14.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.