Under the supervision of the Branch Health & Safety Manager, the Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for assisting and guiding the area management teams with the compliance demands of ENTREC’s Corporate Safety program, the client’s safety program, governing OH&S Regulations, National Safety Code, WHMIS and TDG compliance issues. The position has a 9 on/5 off shift and lodging and a vehicle will be provided.
- Promote a positive safety culture within the work environment within the assigned area. Primary area of responsibility will be Foster Creek.
- Required to be on the customer’s site Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Coach the onsite supervisory teams to further enhance their safety responsibility performance and leadership support role.
- Monitor the corporate safety program administration (i.e. supervisor safety inspections, yard inspections, monthly safety meetings, and assisting with annual safety program audit of each area).
- Assist with safety training courses including: new hire orientations, WHMIS, TDG, and CSTS.
- Perform and document monthly base inspections & routine weekly field inspections. This may include randomly checking equipment operator competency, knowledge, attitude, & safety concerns.
- Assist and coach area management in performing the following safety functions: Attending incidents and conducting formal investigations, Monthly safety meetings, Safe work procedure revision, Job hazard assessment processes, and Worker safety education through mentorship and coaching.
- Administrative functions may include safety document collection, procedure development, report writing, monitoring of Drivers Daily Logbooks compliance, etc.
- Provide support services to the Corporate Health and Safety Department as required. This may include providing safety coverage for other areas during projects or assisting with safety program audits of other area offices.
- Assist with post incident drug and alcohol testing during investigations.
- Respond to safety incidents after regular business hours to safety incidents on a rotational basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in Health and Safety, combined with an understanding of Health and Safety statistical reporting and OSHA incident classification criteria;
- NCSO Designation is required.
- Good working knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations;
- Previous experience and knowledge in the transportation industry would be an asset;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to contribute as a team player
Named one of Alberta’s Top 65 Employers in 2013 and Alberta’s Best Workplaces in 2014, ENTREC is committed to Employee Engagement. We value our people and are considered a leader in employee compensation. We offer excellent wages, competitive benefits, participation in a company matching pension plan, and the opportunity for our employees to become owners through the purchase of company stock through RRSP or TFSA.