ENTREC is a leading provider of heavy lift and specialized heavy haul services with offerings encompassing crane services, heavy haul transportation, engineering, logistics and support. ENTREC provides these services to the conventional oil and natural gas, mining, petrochemical, pulp & paper, infrastructure, and power generation industries. ENTREC has quickly become an industry leader – and boasts an industry-leading fleet of approximately 230 cranes, 400 lines of hydraulic platform trailers, 225 tractors, and 770 multi-wheeled trailers across 14 locations strategically sited in key energy centers in Northern British Columbia, Alberta, and North Dakota. ENTREC is dedicated to continuing its track-record of success and growth.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President Business Development, the Estimator will work principally with the heavy haul transportation team and prepare cost estimates and proposals.
• Comprehensively review all tender documentation and drawings and coordinate with other departments on requirements as needed.
• Close collaboration with preferred clients working on project constructability plans specifically focused on jack & slide and heavy transportation equipment.
• Independently prepare estimates, material prices, labour costs and equipment costs based on drawings and specifications and submit proposals on a timely basis.
• Attend pre-bid meetings to confirm scope of work and proposal submission requirements.
• Coordinate review of proposed route/project site to confirm understanding of scope of work requirements.
• Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of tender submissions.
• Five (5) or more years’ experience in estimating within the transportation services industry.
• Proven experience moving RFQ requirements from conception to completion.
• Total familiarity with all types cranes essential.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work under pressure in a high-volume environment.
• Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Proven organizational skills, including an ability to work with pace, with great attention to detail and a commitment to producing highly accurate deliverables.
• Crane operating certification a differentiating asset.
• P. Eng. designation and MBA degree are also additive.
ENTREC is a leader in employee compensation. We offer excellent wages, competitive benefits, participation in a company matching pension plan, and the opportunity for our employees to become owners through the purchase of company stock through RRSP or TFSA.