Location: Field, Chad, Africa
Employment type: Full-time – 28/28 Rotational Assignments
Language: Bilingual (French/English) Preferred
The Telecommunications Supervisor reports to IT Manager on all aspects of their job and works closely with the Country Manager on a daily basis to support all activities associated with the IT Team.
• Ensure telecommunications equipment are accessible and equipped with current hardware and software meeting the corporate requirements and standards;
• Troubleshoot VSAT satellite communications, VHF and HF radio equipment;
• Maintain and install hardware and software technology that apply to the business needs;
• Provide orientation to new users of existing telecommunications technology, including mobile radios, handheld radios, personal locator beacons, telephone systems and satellite TV services;
• Train National Telecom staff and provide individual training and support on request by other users;
• Maintain current and accurate inventory of telecommunications hardware, software and resources;
• Monitor and maintain telecommunication systems to ensure maximum access for all users;
• Troubleshoot telecommunications issues;
• Maintain log and/or list of required equipment repairs and maintenance;
• Ensure that all equipment is properly licensed in accordance with Chadian government regulations;
• Prepare documentation of telecommunications systems as required;
• Consult and make recommendations about purchase of telecommunication equipment;
• Research current and potential resources/services both locally and internationally;
• Connect/set up VHF and HF radio equipment as well as perform path studies as related to microwave links;
• Supervise the activities of the IT Communication Technologist in Chad.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor`s Degree in Information Technology;
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT/telecommunication in the petroleum industry;
• Must be well acquainted with setting up and maintaining telecommunications equipment at a high rate of reliability and readiness;
• Ability to install and administer VHF, HF and VSAT equipment;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Fluency in oral and written French is an asset.
Health and Safety
At United Hydrocarbon International Corp., safety is a core value. We strive to conduct all of our operations in a manner that minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position, however only those who are being considered for the interview will be contacted.
** Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into UHIC career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of United Hydrocarbon. United Hydrocarbon will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.