Mega Brands’ mission is to nurture creativity in every child in every family. As part of the continued growth and expansion of our development group, we are seeking a dynamic and passionate Toy Designer for our preschool category. The ideal candidate will bring to the team a high level of creativity and knowledge that will help us stand out in the area of construction toys, preschool category. He (or she) will be highly dedicated and committed to obtaining impeccable results in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
The Toy Designer is responsible for the design and creation of new construction toy models for young children. He will participate to all the steps of the project, from design to production.
Major Responsibilities: Design and Development:
- Perform the activities pertaining to product ideation; sketches, research on competitors’ products, formal and functional research, etc;
- Develop a high level of understanding and analysis of our products and the competitors’ products;
- Create the product presentation images;
- Participate in the creation and optimization of our parts bank;
- Create innovative models that optimize costs and production;
- Create 3D study models (mock-ups and prototypes);
- Create 3D modelisation and feasibility analysis for the products;
- Prepare the final modelling for the tool manufacturing;
- Assist the project manager in preparing the BOM;
- Work in collaboration with Project Managers, Product Managers, Graphic Designers and others;
- Demonstrate high interest for the world toys and children.
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent experience in toy design;
- 3 to 8 years related experience;
- Creative team player, able to suggest quality solutions;
- Well-developed expertise in the world of entertainment, video games, television, movies, etc., especially the toy market;
- Sense of initiative and passion for toys;
- Drawing skills and talent;
- Creativity and resourcefulness in finding solutions;
- Possess strong attention to detail;
- Have the desire to improve, learn and grow;
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software – SolidWorks an asset;
- Knowledge of thermoplastics is an asset;
- Bilingual (French & English) - an asset.
Send your C.V., a sample of your portfolio including sketching concepts!
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.